Franklin Savings Bank Electronic Statements Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Franklin Savings Bank Electronic Statements Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age and older as of July 19, 2012. Employees of Franklin Savings Bank (“Sponsor), its corporate parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same households of any such individuals (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering, you accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on July 19, 2012 at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends October 11, 2012 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s website server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit http://www.fsbme.com/eStatements.html and follow the on-screen instructions. You will automatically receive a Sweepstakes entry for every eligible account you switch to Electronic Statements (“e-Statements”) during the Sweepstakes Period. There is no fee associated with e-Statement enrollment. Franklin Savings Bank checking and savings deposit accounts are eligible for e-Statements (“Accounts”).
To receive an automatic entry, you must be signed up for e-Statements before the close of the Sweepstakes Period and maintain e-Statements throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Current Franklin Savings Bank account holders who have previously signed up to receive e-Statements before the start of the Sweepstakes Period will also receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each eligible Account previously enrolled. The branch code on the Customer’s Account will be used to identify the Branch Prize drawing for which the entry will be eligible. Limit of one (1) entry per Account per person. An entry will be declared made by the authorized primary Account holder of the personal or business Account that is switched to e-Statement delivery. Any attempt to obtain more than one entry per Account by turning on and off e-Statements, using different or multiple identities, log-ins, or any other method is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
To enter without having an account, hand-print your name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, day and evening phone numbers and e-mail address on a 3" x 5" card, and mail in a stamped #10 hand-printed envelope to: Franklin Savings Bank Electronic Statements Sweepstakes, Attn: Dee LaPlant, Vice President, Customer Service, Franklin Savings Bank, P.O. Box 825, Farmington, ME 04938. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by no later than October 11, 2012 and received by no later than October 16, 2012. Mail-in entries will be considered equally with automatic e-Statement account entries. Mail-in entries will be included in the Grand Prize drawing and the branch drawing for the branch closest to the entrant’s home address. Sponsor’s decisions on assignment of mail-in entries to branch drawing are final. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Limit one (1) entry per outer postmarked envelope. Entries must be complete and legible.
4. PRIZES; RANDOM DRAWING; WINNER SELECTION: There will be one (1) Grand Prize selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize is a Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet™ 8GB with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $200. There will be eight (8) individual Branch Prizes, one winner for each branch location, selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for each of the respective branches. The Branch Prizes will be gift cards redeemable at a local restaurant or store with an ARV of $50 each.
Prize drawings will be conducted by the Sponsor and will occur on or about October 17, 2012. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winners are responsible for the payment of any federal, state and local taxes on the prize and for any other costs and expenses not specifically described above that are associated with the acceptance and use of a prize. Limit one (1) prize per person. Any dispute as to the correct person to receive the prize will be decided by the Sponsor.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received (for the Grand Prize) and the number of eligible entries received for each branch location (for the Branch Prizes).
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by phone, e-mail, or/or regular mail and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, IRS Form W-9, and a Publicity Release, all of which must be returned within 10 days from prize notification date or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate may be selected. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if the prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate potential winner. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence and photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Upon request, winners will confirm their consent to such in writing.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; RELEASE OF CLAIMS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Franklin Savings Bank, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, costs, expenses, actions and any liability of any kind arising out of or resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize that may be awarded, even if caused by the alleged negligence of Releasees.
Sponsor makes no warranty, representation, or guaranty, express or implied, relative to the prizes offered in this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to quality, condition, or fitness for purpose. Warranties, if any, are strictly according to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions.
Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail, or for transactions that are lost or fail to enter the processing system, are processed, reported, or transmitted late, or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper, or any other malfunction, including human error. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt of entry. Submitted materials become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, computer systems, servers, or Internet service providers, computer equipment, or software, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof - including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
If in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical difficulties or failures compromise, corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any suspect entries and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing and award the prizes using all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sponsor’s website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent of the law.
This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Maine for the resolution of any disputes relating to the Sweepstakes.
9. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List - Franklin Savings Bank Electronic Statements Sweepstakes, Attn: Dee LaPlant, Vice President, Customer Service, Franklin Savings Bank, P.O. Box 825, Farmington, ME 04938. Requests must be received no later than November 15, 2012. The names of the winners will be sent when all winners have been verified.
Nook Tablet™ is a trademark of Fission, LLC. Fission, LLC and Barnes & Noble have not sponsored or endorsed this Sweepstakes. Gift card prize entities have not sponsored or endorsed this Sweepstakes.